Girls Regional Golf - 2019
Invites to host girls regional golf are being compiled. Expect to see those next week. Dates for those contests will be October 14th.
The sand greens qualifying sheets were sent to schools last week. Please be sure to send the KSHSAA the qualifiers as soon as you have them finalized. They are due May 13.
16.1 Abnormal Course Conditions (Including Immovable Obstructions)
This Rule covers free relief that is allowed from interference by animal holes, ground under repair, immovable obstructions or temporary water.
These are collectively called abnormal course conditions, but each has a separate Definition.
Interference exists when any one of these is true:
- Your ball touches or is in or on an abnormal course condition
- An abnormal course condition physically interferes with your area of intended stance or area of intended swing, or
- Only when your ball is on the putting green, an abnormal course condition on or off the putting green intervenes on your line of play.
There is no free relief from an abnormal course condition when the abnormal course condition is out of bounds or your ball is in a penalty area.
No Relief When Clearly Unreasonable to Play Your Ball. There is no relief:
- When playing your ball as it lies is clearly unreasonable because of something other than an abnormal course condition (such as, when you are standing on an immovable obstruction but you are unable to make a stroke because of where your ball lies in a bush), or
- When interference exists only because you choose a club, type of stance or swing or direction of play that is clearly unreasonable under the circumstances.
FOR MORE ON THIS RULE 16 click here