KSHSAA Tennis
Tennis

NEW FOR 2018-2019

Girls Season Only: Heat Acclimatization Practice Rules (required for all fall KSHSAA activities)

See KSHSAA Rule 30-1-8 for details and page 8 in the 2018-2019 KSHSAA Tennis Manual.

Classifications

The 2018-2019 school year will begin the new classification procedure: 6A=36 schools; 5A=36 schools; 4A= 36 schools; 3A=64 schools; 2A=64 schools; 1A=117 schools. In the sports of tennis, there are 4 classifications: 6A, 5A, 4A and 3-2-1A. Per the new classification procedure, all of the schools in 4A and 3-2-1A will be grouped be enrollment. The top 40% of the schools will compete in class 4A and the remaining 60% will compete in 3-2-1A.

Regional Competition Playing Days

Based on projections for the new classification procedure and the number of schools that participate in tennis, Classes 6A and 3-2-1A will have a 2 day regional tournament. Classes 5A and 4A will play their regional tournaments in one day. (NOTE: In classifications of 33 of more participating schools, a 2 day tournaments will be conducted).

Written Records Online

Records for all players participating at a school must be entered online. This will include all regular season competition and postseason competition. See page 17 of the Tennis Manual for complete details.

Manual Information

Please be aware of some new information in the 2018-20-19 KSHSAA Tennis Manual.

  • Stalling - pg. 11-12
  • Warm-up - pg. 13
  • Non-treatable Medical Conditions - pg. 16
  • Bleeding Time-out - pg. 16
  • Toilet/Change of Attire Breaks - pg. 16

 

 

Untitled Document
Current Boys Champions Current Girls Champions

6A

5A

4A

3-2-1A

OP-Blue Valley West

Valley Center

McPherson

PV-Kansas City Christian

6A

5A

4A

3-2-1A

OP-Blue Valley North

Lenexa-St. James Academy

Wichita-Collegiate

PV-Kansas City Christian


[Previous State Champions]


[Previous State Champions]

 
Untitled Document