Golf

 

Weekly Announcements

Regional Assignments
Regional assignments are now posted. Remember to double check your date of competition. With Columbus Day being Oct. 10 sometimes we must play on the 11th. Thank you to the hosts for putting in the effort and the courses for willing to see the opportunity for future growth.

USGA Rule of the Week
It may be wise for players to take an unplayable in some cases. Let's look at some of the basics of the unplayable rule. Remember the rules of golf are in place to help not prohibit.

Rule 19 - Unplayable
You are the only person who may decide to treat your ball as unplayable. Unplayable ball relief is allowed anywhere on the course, except in a penalty area.

If you decide the ball is unplayable then you have three options for relief for a one stroke penalty.

  1. The player may take stroke-and-distance relief by playing the original ball or another ball form a relief area based on where the previous stroke was made.
  2. The player may take back-on-the-line relief by dropping the original ball or another ball in a relief area based on a reference line going straight back from the hole through the spot of the original ball.
  3. The player may take lateral relief. Each lateral relief taken of a club length is a stoke.

Golf Classifications
Reminder: Girls Golf classifications are filtered form the general classification count. 6A and 5A remain the same but to help balance competition we take 40% of the remaining schools and put them in 4A and the 60% go to 3-2-1A. The overall KSHSAA classifications will be released Friday. From there we will compile golf classifications to begin regional groupings.

Regional Golf Entries
The entry form for regional golf will be due online, October 6th.

[ Previous Weeks ]

 

Untitled Document
Current Boys Champions Current Girls Champions
Overland Park-Blue Valley
Wichita-Kapaun Mount Carmel
Shawnee Mission-Bishop Miege
Hesston
Salina-Sacred Heart
Hutchinson-Central Christian
Downs-Lakeside
Overland Park-Blue Valley West
Wichita-Kapaun Mount Carmel
Wamego
Pittsburg-St. Mary's Colgan


[Previous State Champions]


[Previous State Champions]

 
Untitled Document